• April 15th Edition Out Now! Apply to be the Head of Spyglass Live Today!

Top 5 Christmas Movies To Watch for the Holidays

Get into the festive spirit with these top five Christmas movies to put you in the holiday spirit. From heartwarming classics to charming animated tales, these films will bring joy and entertainment to your holiday!

1. Home Alone:

Written by John Hughes and directed by Dan Mazer

Home Alone is a must-watch Christmas movie for me and my family. It is a timeless comedy that has become a holiday classic in my household. I have fond memories of sitting on the couch with the cozy fireplace glowing and watching the movie on repeat. The film is about a mischievous young boy, Kevin McCallister, who is accidentally left behind by his family during Christmas vacation. He then has to defend his house from two troublesome burglars. Watching Home Alone during the Christmas season was a fantastic way to experience laughter with my family and friends. It put me and everyone else in a good mood. If you want to experience this, you should watch Home Alone.

2. Elf:

Written by David Berenbaum and directed by Jon Favreau.

Elf is an absolutely amazing film. I used to eagerly anticipate its daily viewing, anxiously counting down every minute and second until Christmas. Elf brought out my inner childhood. Watching this movie with my friends and family was an experience I’ll never forget. This heartwarming comedy tells the story of ​Buddy, a human who was raised as one of Santa’s elves. When Buddy journeys to ​New York City to find his real father, he brings his childlike joy and enthusiasm to the city, spreading Christmas cheer to everyone he meets. The film captures the essence of the holiday season, family, and the importance of believing in the magic of Christmas. Elf put me in the Christmas spirit, and I guarantee it will for you too.

3. Noelle:

Written and directed by Mark Lawrance

Noelle is hands down one of the most hilarious Christmas movies I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Whenever I sit on my living room couch, Noelle always manages to capture my attention as the ultimate choice for Christmas cheer. This comedy follows Noelle Kringle, the daughter of ​Santa Claus, as she journeys to save Christmas when her brother, the heir to the Santa Claus title, goes missing. Noelle is determined to navigate the human world and find her brother while keeping the Christmas traditions alive. Each year, I eagerly anticipate the moment when I can indulge in watching this beloved Christmas movie on repeat. Because I love this film so much, perhaps you should consider giving it a try.

4. The Polar Express:

Written by Chris Van Allsburg and directed by Robert Zemeckis

The Polar Express caught my eye from the moment I saw it. Watching the movie for the first time was an experience. The animations were breathtaking and stunning. The story is about a young boy on a magical train journey to the ​North Pole, where he learns valuable lessons about beliefs, friendship, and the power of imagination. With beautiful visuals and a captivating storyline, The Polar Express is a perfect choice for the holidays. So grab some hot cocoa and embark on this enchanting adventure that is sure to become a holiday tradition.

5. The Grinch:

Screenplay by Michael LeSieur and directed by Scott Mosier.

The Grinch is a delightful choice to watch during the holidays. It is a heartwarming animated film that brings to life Dr. Seuss’ beloved character. The story follows the Grinch, a grumpy creature, as he tries to steal Christmas from the cheerful people of ​Whoville. As the plot unfolds, we witness the transformation of the Grinch. The movie has stunning animations. The Grinch is a must-watch movie that captures the essence of the holiday spirit. I was so captivated by this movie when it first released that I couldn’t help but watch it on repeat until my sibling finally had to intervene and ask me to give it a rest. That’s a testament to just how deeply invested I was in this film.