The student-run newspaper of Westridge School for Girls, Spyglass strives to build community and evoke empathy through the medium of journalism. Comprised of passionate student writers, editors, designers, managers, and leaders, Spyglass is dedicated to ethical reporting that amplifies our unique voices to inform, entertain, and forge connection in the Westridge community and beyond.

Spyglass

• May 20th Edition Out Now!

Spyglass

Spyglass

Elected Associated Student Body Cabinet is Excited For the 2024–2025 School Year

On Monday, April 29, students flooded into the Performing Arts Center to watch rising junior and senior Associated Student Body (ASB) candidates give their election speeches. The speeches included silly dances, props, and heartfelt sentiments to the student body. After the assembly, Westridge students electronically voted for and elected their ASB cabinet for the 2024–2025 school year. For the second consecutive year, the cabinet (besides class presidents) is solely comprised of rising seniors. 

Ray K. ’24, the 2023–2024 ASB president, offered advice to the rising ASB cabinet: “I think the most important thing is to remember what ASB is for. Remember that ASB is meant to inspire spirit and community. It’s not about making the least amount of parents mad, it’s not about spending the most money or making really good Instagram moments, it’s about trying to generate moments where people can connect and feel like they actually like being at school.”

Below are statements provided by the 2024–25 ASB cabinet:

ASB President

Kayla A. ’25

“I’m so grateful to have been granted this opportunity to serve Westridge as ASB President. I think my biggest goal next year is to ramp up the visibility of ASB when it comes to more spirit days, games, and cultural connections. When I graduate, I hope I can say that the 2024–25 ASB cabinet bridged the gap between academics and school spirit/community. I’m super pumped to work with such a talented cabinet!”

ASB Community Outreach Chair

Micah M. ’25

I admire past ASB cabinets’ hilarious theme videos and I hope we’ll be able to live up to the high bar that’s been set. I’ve always loved when Westridge comes together be it at events like Convocation, All School Day, themed days, or spirit assemblies. I can’t be more excited to help foster our community here, and make my last year be the best year.” 

ASB Communications Chair

Tanvi C. ’25, Spyglass Managing Editor

“I’m so excited to be a part of ASB next year! Everyone in the cabinet is more than capable and talented, and I look forward to working as a team. My goal is to ensure our schedules are coordinated and everyone stays updated, so nobody has to sweat the small stuff. The 2024–2025 school year will be a memorable one!” 

ASB Treasurer

Ellie L.-S. ’25

I’m super excited to be part of ASB next year! I’m looking forward to being involved in things like All School Day, spirit days, and coming up with more creative ways to bring fun to Westridge. As Treasurer, I’m excited to have a role in the ASB activities budget, help out with student fundraising events, and to make sure every dollar is well invested!” 

ASB Greek/Roman Chair

Mirella C. ’25, Spyglass Social Media Manager and Alice C. ’25 

“We’re really excited to bring spirit and friendly competition back to Westridge. Glad to finish off our Westridge careers with a bang!” 

ASB Athletics Chair

Ella B. ’25, Spyglass Editor in Chief

“As a long time Westridge athlete, I am thrilled to be stepping into the Athletics Chair position. I look forward to continuing all of Jade [the former athletic chair]’s great initiatives like spirit days and Instagram content, while also introducing my own, like a coalition of captains and a streamlined merch process. All Tiger athletes deserve to be supported in the fullest, and I will do my best to ensure that. Let’s have a great next season and go Tigers!”

ASB Arts Chair

Abigail H. ’25, Spyglass Design Team Manager

I’m so excited to be a part of next year’s ASB! The 2024–25 squad is an absolute dream team so I look forward to what we can achieve together. However, as Arts Chair, my main goal for next year is to find a way to promote even more of our talented students in the arts. Ready for what’s to come, next year is going to be awesome.” 

ASB Sustainability Chair

Lindsay C. ’25 and Lily J. ’25

“We are so excited to continue our work with the Green Guerrillas and our independent service projects. With this position, we hope to bridge the gaps between our projects and encourage others to engage in both small and large sustainability activities. The Sustainability Chair position allows for so many possibilities, and we’re excited to share our ideas/new projects with members of the Westridge community! Hopefully some of them stick around even after we leave!”

12th Grade Class President

Isla R. ’25 

“I’m so excited to be senior class president next year! I remember being a fourth grader at Westridge and always looking up to the seniors I’d see on ASB so I feel like it’s a really nice full circle moment. I’m looking forward to helping plan all sorts of events from All School Day to Senior Ditch Day and most importantly I want to make the next year a fun one for everyone!”

11th Grade Class President

Micaela R. ’26

“I’m actually so ready to invite a new perspective and new ideas to ASB. I also can’t wait to meet new leaders and help the Westridge community once again! Can’t wait for the 2024–25 school year!”

10th Grade Class President

Julia K. ’27

“Next year I am excited to work with all the amazing people on ASB to bring a super fun school year and great spirit events! I am so grateful that I get to share my perspective and represent the sophomore class next year. I know it will be a great year!”

The 9th Grade Class President has not yet been elected.