Westridge Says Goodbye to Zoe Muñoz

Zoe+Mu%C3%B1oz

@mala_munoz

Zoe Muñoz

After two years of working as Human Development Coordinator, Zoe Munoz is leaving Westridge to pursue her podcast, Locatora Radio [A Radiophonic Novela], and will be enrolling in the UC Berkeley School of Public Health for her Master’s Degree in Public Health. 

“Locatora is a survivor-centered podcast, and we talk about issues that are important to the Latinx community,” explained Munoz. “The podcast is an audio archive and we conduct interviews in English, Spanish, and Spanglish with artists, activists, and change-makers. I’m in a place in my digital life where I am looking forward to developing new projects and working on the ground in my community to bring our stories and histories to the podcast space.”

Most of all, Munoz will miss the Student Voices Assemblies along with the people part of the Westridge community. “Westridge has been a warm hug and a breath of fresh air! The faculty, staff, and students have all made me feel welcomed and nurtured. My favorite Student Voices Assembly was the Spotlight on Kashmir Blake, [which commemorated] Ms. Blake’s 25th Anniversary at Westridge,” said Munoz.

Moreover, Munoz is grateful for the opportunity to work in a community like Westridge. “Thank you for sharing space with me for the past two years. They have meant more than I can adequately express right now. All my love, Zoe.”