Tanvi’s Holiday Recipe: Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Every holiday season, as a small token of my appreciation, I bake my loved ones a batch of my famous chocolate chip toffee cookies. These cookies are the perfect combination of my favorite things: toffee candy and gooey cookies. If you’re bored of the plain chocolate chip cookie, give this recipe a try!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter (salted if omitting salt in recipe)
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz chopped dark chocolate
1 ½ cup chopped toffee
Maldon sea salt to garnish (optional, but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Whip butter and sugars together until fluffy and light.
3. Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture.
4. Whisk together salt, flour, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients together until just combined—don’t overmix.
6. Fold in toffee, chocolate chips, and dark chocolate in the dough.
7. Cover dough and let chill in the fridge for 2 hours at a minimum.
8. Scoop chilled cookie dough and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Sprinkle some sea salt on the cookies and enjoy!