Sophene’s Holiday Recipe:
Soft and chewy, chocolate crinkle cookies coated in powdered sugar are perfect for the holidays. These rich and fudgy crinkle cookies require minimal ingredients and can be whipped up fairly quickly. After Thanksgiving, my family and I make these chocolate crinkle cookies on repeat until the holiday season passes.
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients. Using a hand mixer, beat together oil and sugars on medium-low speed until combined. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours up to overnight.
- After chilling the cookies in the refrigerator, use a cookie scoop to scoop out 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Coat the cookie ball by rolling it into a plate of confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake the cookies at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.