photo credit @westridge school on ig

Humans of Westridge: Coach Allison Clark

Spyglass’ Humans of Westridge series celebrates community through brief spotlights on Westridge students, parents, faculty, and staff.

What’s your favorite place on campus? Ooh, what’s my favorite place on campus. That’s a tough question. I would say probably the field. It’s very pretty out there, and if you do like a 360 in the middle of it, there’s just so many different types of trees and it’s just incredibly gorgeous. You have this beautiful view of the mountain on a nice day. It’s just very beautiful, and I like to obviously do stuff out there. I like to run out there. It’s just very calm and peaceful, and usually there’s no one else out there which is nice. And then obviously we take the kids out there for PE, and that’s always fun, but it’s a nice place to be a little bit alone on campus.
If you were to have a theme song, what would it be? My walk up song for when I played adult kickball was Fancy by Iggy Azalea. I associate that song with myself because of that.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I would live in a beach town. Somewhere kind of warm, but also kind of cool, probably San Diego–if I could live on the beach in San Diego.
What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? I don’t eat meat, so it’s kinda hard to get into weird stuff or exotic things. I guess I’ve eaten expired cottage cheese before, and it didn’t go well.
If you could time travel backwards, what decade would you choose? Oh, I would go to World War 2, like the 40s. I think it’s so interesting.
What’s a unique or special talent you have? Um, I can juggle. It’s pretty easy it turns out. Once you learn, it’s super easy.
What’s your favorite memory from being a student here? I have a lot of memories–there’s a lot of good memories, but just where we are sitting right now I’m thinking of when we used to have to get crossed. This is a funny memory. We used to have to get crossed, across Madeline because it used to be a street, so begging upperclassmen to cross us [to the Commons] was a funny thing. But there’s just like too many good memories to narrow it down.

Spyglass • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in